Monday, July 15, 2013

Use to be one of those people.

I have to confess that I use to be one of those people. I had a friend who were make up since we were very young. I on the other hand wasn't allowed to even wear lip gloss. So what did I do to make myself feel better about not being allowed to even wear lip gloss?

I would walk around saying, "Well I don't need make up. I'm naturally pretty." "She must need make up." "My face isn't going to mess up from all the make up like her." Ect. Ect. Ect.

Then fast forward 10 years and now I LOVE MAKE UP! And since life is a full circle I'm now on the other side of the situation. And it sucks. Especially when it comes from my own family. Really. Same comments, same attitude of I'm better than you for not wearing make up. The funny thing is my sis has asked me to put make up on her before, or to teach her how. But then when she can't master it or is too shy to wear it she goes right back to acting the same way.

I just wish everyone would respect others. If you don't want to wear make up, GREAT, that's fine. That's your choice. If I want to wear make up, then GREAT FOR ME,  that's my choice. Yes there's some make up looks I don't like, or some peoples' way of putting it on that I don't think flatters them. But I keep it to myself and think, "If they feel good with it then good for them."

I know that some people might be doing this for the same reason I use too. Because I was jealous of the girl who could wear make up. Of the girls who knew how to put it on. When all I had to do was wait and learn.

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and ideas.