Monday, July 15, 2013

Smoky Eye Look

I don't do many smoky eye looks on myself because I feel like I always end up looking like a raccoon.  But Sunday I woke up feeling adventurous. :P So looking at my eye shadows I decided to give the smoky look a try.
 
I decided to try it out with my I-Mark eye shadow in Moss,
I also used the dark green color in the Mark Exotic Hues palette,

and I used the I-mark in Espresso but I think this one is no longer available. But just choose another dark brown color.
 

I also used my favorite liquid eyeliner from L'Oreal.
So here's the result. I'll try to explain as much as I can of how I achieved this look. In the future I'll try posting more step by step pictures. For now here are pictures that can help you try this look out.
 
 
 
Of course I start with an eye primer. I then patted on the color Moss all over the eyelid but not going pass the crease. Then with a fluffy brush used a windshield wiper motion to add espresso in the creases. Make sure to blend it out really good. The key to not looking like a raccoon is blending, blending, blending so you don't have any harsh lines. I then took the dark green from Exotic Hues, and blended as close as I could to the lash line. I then blended upward into the moss color but without going up to far. You want to have the dark blend into the moss, and the moss into the espresso. I finished off with a think line of black eyeliner. I also brought down the dark color onto my bottom waterline. I added some fake eyelashes and Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara.
 
 
Here's a close up. Pardon the messy eyebrows. I'm due a trip to the eyebrow threading place.
 
 
I was really please with how this look came out. I think I'll be doing it again, finally a smoky look that doesn't look like a raccoon face. I felt like my eyes were so dramatic that bronzer and highlighter was all I needed and a nice lip gloss over a peachy lip color.
 
Don't forget to visit my Avon/Mark online store at www.youravon.com/mmendez34
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and ideas.