Sunday, August 24, 2014

Crochet Flip Flop Pinterest Tutorial

I'm a little late on my posts, well because I'm a normal mom who has no time for ANYTHING! So I finally had some time to post my Pinterest projects that I have attempted this summer. I love love love love flip flops, so when I saw a project for flip flops I literally flipped! :)
 
Here's a link to the instructions from the original post: http://www.petalstopicots.com/2012/07/crocheted-flip-flops-tutorial-with-flower-pattern/
The original one has a flower pattern too but I didn't do that part. Here's my results.
 




I really liked how they came out, but after the first time my daughter wore them the yarn became all fussy and it looked rather ugly. I thought maybe cause she ran and played, so I tried mine on. Same thing. It was rather frustrating because this was a project that took quite a while to make so for it to go bad so fast was not fun. I wonder if maybe I use a different material next time, that won't happen. But to me in the picture of the tutorial it looked like regular old yarn, but I think if I do try this again I will try to use embroidery floss. Even though I'm not sure if it'll still show as much since it's thinner and it might also take longer to finish it off. Let me know if you try this out and what were your results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and ideas.