Saturday, August 23, 2014

Biore Strips Dupe

 Well as some of you may know I'm a Pinterest addict and #1 fan!!! But like most other people I pin away but rarely actually do them. Well this year I have tried to actually do some of these pins and I'm happy to say I have been pretty successful with many pins.

So today I wanted to share another pin I tried, this time with my oldest daughter Natalie. She's hitting the pre-teen age and I've noticed a couple of black heads popping out already. So she was perfect for trying this one out with me. And me, well I love the Biore nose strips but they're expensive and only have a couple of them in the box. So when I saw this Pin I had to try it. You can find the original recipe and instructions at the following link to the original post How to make your own pore strips.

                                                   Here is what we looked like with it on.



 
So here's a recap on the experience. It was very easy to prepare and the ingredients were few and inexpensive. The mixture did have a rather nasty and annoying smell I can't really describe but it was not nice. I recommend making sure to spread it on quickly and in a thin layer because the thicker you put it on, the longer it takes to dry and it's really not necessary. We let it dry for about 15 minutes and it wasn't enough for the thick areas which made it hard to take off and it was sticky and didn't work good. But let me tell you, this really works super good at taking everything off!! And when I mean everything I mean everything, including facial hair! So let me warn you, don't make the mistakes we did of not being careful and getting it over our eyebrows and hair line. It will take those out too and it's pretty painful. We had to rinse some of it off and pull the rest of very carefully. So make sure you spread it out carefully and away from any facial hair you don't want ripped out. Here are my results. Sorry I forgot to take a before picture.
 



I feel I had really good results. It's a little painful at times to take off because it really does stick really good to your skin, so if your skin is sensitive it might get a little irritated. But as you can see in the pictures above (I had put face cream on already) I feel like my skin looks very clean and smooth. I'm not sure it took off as many black heads from my nose as the actual strips do, maybe cause I had too thick of layers on my nose that it didn't dry properly. But everywhere else I feel it cleaned it really well and my skin felt soft like a baby's bottom. Overall I liked it and I think I will be trying it again. Happy pinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and ideas.